* Character customization. You can modify hair styles, facial features, skin color, eye color, and much more. In addition, the ability to use dye in order to customize your appearance is nice. Also, you don't have the problem with "clown armor" that games like World of Warcraft has. That is, armor that is multicolored and un-coordinated. Using dye, you can make any armor set look sleek.
* Quests. There are so many quests in this game that I feel like I will never run out! I never find myself endlessly grinding for XP. Turbine did a good job with the quests and the associated story lines.
* Crafting. The crafting system is terrific. Albeit, it is expensive to level your skills up. For this reason, I usually recommend that someone level their character first, THEN focus on crafting.
* Server populations. There are plenty of people playing this game. And the people that play seem to be much more mature than other populations on other games.
* Sound. The battle sounds are SUPERB. Battles sound like swords, axes, shields, maces, etc. are actually swinging and contacting each other.
* Limited presence of magic. Many fantasy games are heavy into the magic aspect of the game. Consistent with the lore of Middle Earth, magic has a presence, but it is limited. You will not find a super-class of characters that are all-powerful arcanists. This is a nice change. Rather, swords, maces, axes, bows, crossbows, and clubs reign supreme. There is a cloth-wearing class that dabbles in magic, but again... it is limited.
* Potential for future expansion. If you look at the world map, the area that the current game world is occupying is only a small percentage of Middle Earth. There is tremendous potential for opening up new areas and dungeons.